Pregnant woman drinks disinfection in Czech doctor´s office, dies

published:

updated:
19.06.2014 10:10

Orlova - A Czech pregnant woman died after drinking disinfection instead of glucose in a doctor´s office by mistake on Wednesday, the local police spokeswoman told CTK today.

foto

Zdravotní sestra se stetoskopem (fonendoskopem). Ilustrační foto. CTK Štěrba Martin, Horázný Josef, Fotobanka ČTK

The police are investigating the case as a death due to neglect. If somebody is sentenced for the crime, the punishment is up to six years in prison.

The tragic mistake occurred in an office of a diabetologist early morning. It was revealed only after the woman left. The doctor called the police and asked them to find her.

Svoboda said the woman was found dead in her flat around 10:00 on June 18.

The police did not release any further details on the case.

Another pregnant woman underwent the same examination at the diabetologist´s office at the same time, but she was transported to hospital and her life was saved, daily Mlada fronta Dnes (MfD) writes today.

"Confusion of medicines is the second most common cause of complications during hospital stays. They concern up to 12 percent of hospitalisations," doctor´s accreditation commission head David Marx told MfD.

Written by:
www.ctk.cz

More from "News in English"
Comments

comments powered by Disqus

Advertisement
Volby
Volby

Dohodnutou koalici má většina krajských měst
Fotogalerie

Ebola
Ebola

Formuláře k ebole v ČR zatím nevytipovaly žádné nakažené
Fotogalerie

Velikost textu: a a A