Prague - The families of the two Czech young female tourists who were kidnapped by unknown gunmen in Pakistan one year ago thank all who have joined the efforts to bring the women back home, they said in a joint statement released to CTK today.
Únosci zveřejnili nové video se dvěma českými dívkami unesenými letos v Pákistánu. Médiím ho poskytly rodiny unesených. Další videozáznam zveřejnily také matky unesených dívek (na snímku z videozáznamu). Hovoří na něm o tom, že jsou rády, že jejich dcery jsou naživu. Vyjadřují naději, že o jejich děti je dobře postaráno. ČTK Archiv rodin unesených dívek
The Foreign Ministry said it would not comment on the issue.
The families say they believe that a way would be found for the young women to reunite with them. They thanked all who have supported them so far.
The two Czech women, then aged 24, were kidnapped by a group of eight to ten gunmen on March 13, 2013 in southwestern Pakistan where they arrived from the neighbouring Iran as tourists heading for India.
Two videos with the abducted women appeared on Facebook on June 26 and on October 30. In the first one, the women said they were in good condition but their lives were endangered.
In the other video, they asked the Czech government for help, complained about their bad health condition and a bad access to food and water, and even said how they wish to be buried.
Czech diplomacy refrains from commenting on the state of the negotiations about the women´s release.
In mid-October, President Milos Zeman confirmed that the negotiations were still underway.
The new Pakistani ambassador to Prague, Tajammul Altaf, told CTK in January 2014 that Pakistan continues settling the case on all possible levels including presidential, and that it exchanges information with Czech authorities. He said the two women´s whereabouts are unknown.